Old English Synonyms
The word ‘irregularity’ has multiple meanings. It can refer to something that is not normal or something that is not done in a regular way. It can also refer to a contrived or false appearance.
The definition of irregularity is a lack of order or consistency.
1. There was an irregularity in the shape of the tree.
2. The irregularity of the surface made it difficult to walk on.
3. The red blood cells showed irregularities in their structure.
4. The House of Representatives is investigating possible irregularities in the election.
5. An irregularity in the heart’s rhythm can be dangerous.