Old English Synonyms
Variance is the mean of the squares of the deviations from the arithmetic mean.
In statistics, variance is the measure of how widely values are dispersed from the mean. A large variance indicates that the data are spread out; a small variance indicates that the data are clustered around the mean.
1. The variance in ages among the employees is quite high.
2. There is a lot of variance in opinions on this issue.
3. The data showed a high degree of variance.
4. There is a variance in the amount of rainfall each year.
5. The variance in temperatures between winter and summer is quite extreme.