Old English Synonyms
The word ‘peculiarity’ can be replaced with ‘oddity’
a quality or feature that is unusual or distinctive about someone or something
The definition of peculiarity is something that is strange or peculiar.
1. There is a peculiarity to his way of speaking that makes him difficult to understand.
2. The peculiarity of the situation made it impossible to know how to proceed.
3. I can’t help but notice the peculiarity of your behavior.
4. The novel’s peculiarity is its focus on the lives of unimportant people.
5. It is a peculiarity of human nature to fear what we do not understand.