Old English Synonyms
References to sound often refer to noise, or to music. Sound can also mean something that is mentally or emotionally stirring, such as a spoken word that is meaningful.
The word ‘sound’ can be defined as a type of energy that travels through the air, or any other medium, and can be heard when it reaches a person’s ear.
1. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore was soothing.
2. The sound of the rain on the roof was lulling.
3. The sound of his voice was commanding.
4. The sound of her laughter was infectious.
5. The sound of the leaves rustling in the breeze was calming.