Old English Synonyms
The tendency to think only about oneself and one’s own interests.
Self-absorption is the act of excessive focus on one’s own thoughts and feelings. It is a form of narcissism and can lead to feelings of entitlement, grandiosity, and a lack of empathy for others.
1. She was so self-absorbed that she didn’t even notice when her child fell and started crying.
2. He’s so self-absorbed that he didn’t even notice that I was crying.
3. She’s so self-absorbed that she didn’t even notice when I left the room.
4. I was so self-absorbed that I didn’t even notice when he came in.
5. He’s so self-absorbed that he didn’t even notice when she left.