Old English Synonyms
Precaution is a course of action taken in advance to protect against possible danger or risk.
A precaution is a measure taken in advance to protect against possible danger, risk, or harm.
1. It is always better to take precautions against fire by keeping a fire extinguisher handy.
2. When driving in the rain, it is advisable to take extra precautions to avoid skidding.
3. If you are going to be outdoors for a long time, take precautions against sunburn by applying sunscreen.
4. When taking medication, be sure to follow the precautions on the label.
5. Earthquakes can often be unpredictable, so it is important to take precautions to protect yourself and your property.