Old English Synonyms
A phrase is a small group of words that forms a part of a sentence.
A phrase is a group of words that form a meaningful unit within a sentence. phrases can be short or long, and they can be made up of a single word or a group of words.
1. I memorized a few French phrases before my trip to Paris.
2. “I love you” is perhaps the most well-known phrase in the English language.
3. The phrase “a stitch in time saves nine” is often used to encourage people to be proactive and not wait until it’s too late.
4. “I’m starving” is a phrase often used to describe how hungry one is.
5. “Can I borrow a pen?” is a phrase commonly used when someone needs to borrow a pen from another person.