Old English Synonyms
A gurgle is a sound made by a liquid in which air bubbles rise through the liquid.
Gurgle is a word used to describe the sound of water moving around in a semi-solid state, as in the stomach. It can also be used to describe the sound of laughter.
1. I love the gurgling sound of the river.
2. The gurgling of her stomach told her it was time to eat.
3. The baby’s gurgles of laughter brought a smile to my face.
4. The drain gurgled as the water was slowly sucked down.
5. After drinking the soda, he gurgled contently.