Old English Synonyms
Cowardly is an adjective used to describe someone who is unwilling to take risks or stand up for themselves, often because they are afraid.
The word ‘cowardly’ can be defined as lacking courage or bravery, especially in the face of danger.
1. The cowardly act of running away from the scene of the accident made me sick to my stomach.
2. I can’t believe that he would cowardly hit a woman like that.
3. The cowardly lion was scared of his own shadow.
4. Don’t be such a cowardly dog and hide behind your mommy’s skirt.
5. The little girl was too cowardly to go into the haunted house.