Old English Synonyms
Aberration can mean a deviation from what is considered normal or proper.
Aberration is an optical effect resulting from the failure of a lens or mirror to produce a perfectly focused image. Aberrations cause the image to appear blurred or distorted.
Aberration can be used to describe both a physical and a behavioral abnormality.
1. His aberrant behavior led many to believe he was mentally unstable.
2. The company has taken steps to correct the aberrant financial practices that led to the scandal.
3. The aberration in the data was discovered after further review.
4. The telescopes detected an aberration in the star’s light.
5. The politician’s comments were an aberration from her usually level-headed persona.