Old English Synonyms
An antonym for thesis is antithesis.
A thesis is an argument or point that someone is trying to prove.
The thesis is the main idea of an essay, report, speech, or research paper, often written as a single declarative sentence.
1. In his thesis, John argues that the war was unnecessary.
2. The thesis of her paper is that the government is not doing enough to help the homeless.
3. His thesis was on the history of the civil war.
4. I need to write a thesis on why I want to be a doctor.
5. The thesis statement of an essay is the main idea of the paper.