Old English Synonyms
The most common regional synonym for “the gist” is “the point.” However
There are a few other common regional synonyms that are worth considering as well. These include “the bottom line
” “the heart of the matter
” and “the crux of the issue.”
– the basis
– the bottom line
– the bottom RAM
– in a nutshell
The gist is the main point or most important part of something.
The-gist is a noun meaning the essential meaning or main point of something.
1. The gist of the story is that a young girl overcomes adversity.
2. The gist of what she said is that she’s not interested.
3. From the little I gathered, the gist is that you don’t like your job.
4. The gist seems to be that you’re not happy with the progress we’ve made.
5. Can you give me the gist of what happened at the meeting?