Old English Synonyms
A scalar is a value that is not associated with a direction.
A scalar is a mathematical object that has a Magnitude but no Direction. In other words, a scalar is a magnitude, or numerical value, that represents a quantity.
1. A scalar is a real number.
2. In physics, a scalar is a quantity that has only magnitude, no direction.
3. Time and mass are examples of scalar quantities.
4. Scalar quantities can be added and subtracted like real numbers.
5. In mathematics, a scalar is an element of a field that is used to define a vector space.