Old English Synonyms
Scabbing is a type of healing in which a crust forms over a wound.
The formation of a scab is the body’s natural way of healing a wound. Blood clots form, which protect the wound from infection. The scab will eventually fall off on its own.
1. The scabbing on my leg is finally starting to fall off.
2. I can’t believe how quickly the scabbing healed over the wound.
3. I’m so sick of picking at my scabs!
4. I’ve been scabbing over this cold for weeks now.
5. The scabbing on the roof of my mouth is really annoying.