Refine can be slang for “improve” or ” perfect.”
Old English Synonyms
Refine: to make improvements or corrections to (something)
To make (something) more precise or exact
Improve or perfect by pruning or polishing.
To lessen the impurities in (a substance) by repeated heating and cooling, by dissolving it and allowing impurities to precipitate out, or by other processes.
1. She refined her skills as a musician over many years of practice.
2. He refined his research methods to produce more accurate results.
3. They refined their strategy for the next game.
4. We refined our search criteria to find the best candidates.
5. You will need to refine your approach if you want to achieve success.