The standard synonyms for the word observation are watching
And paying attention.
I got your observation
You’re on point!
I see what you’re sayin’
That’s a valid observation.
Old English Synonyms
The act of observing or the process of being observed.
In science, observation is the active acquisition of data from a primary source. In scientific observation, data are collected to validate or refute a hypothesis.
1. The teacher made an observation about the student’s poor performance in class.
2. The scientific method begins with an observation.
3. It was an interesting observation that the vast majority of people who attended the event were female.
4. The researcher recorded her observations in a journal.
5. I pointed out my observation to my friends and they agreed.