Old English Synonyms
Synonyms would be “written record” or “score.”
Notation is a method of writing down music using symbols.
Notation is a system of writing down or representing numbers, musical notes, or other information using symbols.
1. In music, notation is a system of symbols that indicate to performers what they should do to create a piece of music.
2. The system of notation used in a particular field is often specific to that field.
3. For example, the notation used in mathematical equations is very different from the notation used in chemical formulas.
4. In literature, notation can refer to a system of symbols used to indicate specific information about a text, such as quotation marks or footnotes.
5. In sports, notation is often used to keep track of statistics or specific game events.