Old English Synonyms
In the U.S.
People often say “intelligence” when they mean the same thing as “intel.”
The word ‘intel’ is short for ‘intelligence.’ It can refer to the gathering of information, or to the act of using that information to make decisions.
‘Intel’ is short for ‘intelligence.’ It refers to information that is gathered by an organization or individual in order to make decisions. This can include everything from classified information to public opinion polls.
1. The intel we’ve gathered indicates that the enemy is planning a surprise attack.
2. We need to gather more intel before we can make a move.
3. I can’t believe the intel was wrong–we’ve walked into a trap!
4. I’ve been going over the intel, and I think I’ve found a way to beat them.
5. The intel department is working around the clock to try to find out what’s going on.