An instrument is a tool that is used to produce music.
Old English Synonyms
Serving as a means or agent; important in bringing about a desired result.
The adjective instrumental describes something that is essential or necessary for accomplishing a specific goal. It can also refer to something that plays a role in bringing about a desired result.
1. The piano was an instrumental part of my childhood.
2. I can’t imagine my life without music, it’s been so instrumental in my happiness.
3. My mom was always singing around the house; she has such an instrumental voice.
4. When I need to focus, I listen to instrumental music to help me concentrate.
5. I think everyone should learn to play an instrument; it’s so instrumental in developing creativity.