Old English Synonyms
An Indian is a member of any of the aboriginal peoples of the Americas who identify themselves as being part of the Indian race.
The word indian can refer to:
1. A person from India.
2. A member of any of the First Nations peoples of the Americas.
3. A person of East Indian descent.
1. The Indian subcontinent is a large region of southern Asia.
2. The first Indians in North America were the Navajo and Apache peoples.
3. India is the world’s largest democracy and the second most populous country.
4. The Indian Ocean is the third largest ocean in the world.
5. The native peoples of North and South America are sometimes called Indians.