Old English Synonyms
(verb) to swallow (food, drink, or air) quickly or in large mouthfuls or gulps
(verb) to swallow greedily or hastily, or to take in a large amount of food or drink in one mouthful; (noun) a large mouthful of liquid swallowed in one go
1. I took a big gulp of water and then went back to bed.
2. The little boy gulp down his milk so he could go play with his friends.
3. I could feel the lump in my throat as I tried to gulp down my tears.
4. She nervously took a gulp of air before she stepped out onto the stage.
5. I gulp my coffee every morning because I can’t function without it.