Old English Synonyms
The feeling of being responsible or blameworthy for something, especially an act that is wrongful or harmful.
The state of being responsible for wrongdoing; a strong emotion that is felt when a person knows or believes that they have done something wrong.
1. I felt guilty about lying to my friend.
2. I feel guilty about neglecting my cat.
3. The murderer felt guilty about his crimes.
4. The warranty doesn’t cover that, so you shouldn’t feel guilty about it.
5. I can’t eat that cake, I’ll feel guilty about it later.