Old English Synonyms
conventional – conforming to the standards, customs, or practices of a group, society, or class
According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, the word “conventional” can be defined as “relating to, governed by, or in accordance with convention or general agreement and accepted usage.” In other words, it is something that is generally agreed upon or considered to be normal.
1. He always follows conventional gender roles and is the breadwinner of the family.
2. They are a very conventional couple who always follow the rules.
3. Her parents are quite conventional and don’t approve of her alternative lifestyle.
4. He’s quite unconventional in his thinking and doesn’t follow the herd.
5. I’m not sure if this is the conventional wisdom, but I think it’s the right thing to do.