Old English Synonyms
Providing a commentary or explanation for something, usually associated with a text or piece of media.
A note or set of notes added to a document, typically giving information about its content, provenance, or structure
1. The annotation should include a brief summary of the text.
2. Be sure to annotate the sources you use for your research paper.
3. I need to go back and annotate my sources from last night’s research.
4. Have you ever tried to read a text with no annotations?
5. The annotation can be helpful in determining whether or not to read the text.